Firmware not found can have various causes.
Once you have received the message on the display, do the following before you try and test:
- R6 system: take the control unit out and put it in so that it restarts.
- R7 system: switch the control unit off and on briefly
1. Have you put the files directly on the stick or in a folder? You must put the files directly in the root of the stick, not in a folder.
2. If you view the files on the stick, you will see FIRMWARE.BIN or you may see FIRMWARE (2) .BIN. In the last example, your PC / Mac has downloaded the file multiple times and your browser automatically places an extension after it. Delete the extension so that it really has FIRMWARE.BIN (this applies to all files of the update)
3. Problems with the USB stick, format your usb stick and try again. Format USB stick with Windows
To format a USB stick, proceed as follows:
Select Open Computer / My Computer / This PC via the start button (depending on your Windows version). You will see the connected drives in this window.
- Click with the right mouse button on the USB stick that you have connected and will use.
- Then click Format.
- The window will then open with the title of the drive letter indicating which disk will be formatted.
- Choose FAT or FAT 32 as the file format if the capacity of the stick exceeds 2 GB.
- Check the box next to Quick Format
- Press start.